Thursday, October 1, 2009

Brrrr

What a cold day it was today. Not too long ago it was warm. It amazes me how our weather can change so drastically so quickly.

Pretty decent day here. Ping had school and then dancing this afternoon. I spent the day playing with Olivia and Ping. Ping colored and stickered everything that was legally allowed. She blew through 500 stickers!!!!! She was content though. I spent a good deal of time at my desk. I had a boat load of work to do. I feel so disorganized lately. I have too much stuff and not enough space. That is very hard for me. I can't think straight when that occurs.

I had a gentleman come in and take away all of my father's antiques. It was really hard to see them go, but it was very freeing as well. Now I still have a few more things to clean up in my Mom's bedroom, but it won't be long before it's my official sitting room. I am looking forward to it. I promised myself it would be done by the end of the year. It's on my New Years Resolution list.

Tonight was really hard on us. Bill was washing Olivia's clothes and we were packing up. We both cried. I am usually the crier. When he gets upset, it throws me over the edge because I hate seeing him sad. I feel awful that I got us into this. Olivia is going at 9:00 am tomorrow. I couldn't be any sadder to see her go. It will take time to heal, but we have to move on. We don't have another choice. After all, we have been blessed with Ping and we can take comfort in that. She is a keeper.

Wish us luck that this pain passes quickly.

Mama Out!!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm so sorry for the way things turned out with Olivia, Jill. I can't even imagine.

As for the antiques, I'm sure that was a bittersweet moment for you. People can say what they want about material objects just being "things," but you miss someone you love, you love those things, too. But your dad is probably telling your mom, "Okay, now my girl has the space she needs for HER family and their stuff--glad she got rid of those extra antiques!"

Love you.