Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day seven of motherhood

Bill got up at 6:30 am and headed off to his training class for the day. We didn't see him till 6:00 pm tonight. Shortly after he was home, he went on a call. He is on call tonight as well. So we haven't seen him much today. I am glad these credits are behind him though.

I got up early and took Ping to Sunday school. After I dropped her off, I took a shower. I meant to get up earlier to do so, but I kept doing the "five more minutes" thing. After Sunday school, we ran a quick errand and came home. Ping wanted to work on a new project. This girl wants new craft projects daily. Like I have something to entertain her every five minutes? So while Ping worked on her project, I cleaned the house. Not the entire house, but a good portion of the downstairs really needed some attention.

At 3:00 pm, I took Ping back to church. From 3:00-5:00 pm they had a holiday craft and shopping party. We have never been. It was really cute. Ping made crafts and I wrapped gifts for over two hours. That was exhausting. The kids at the party go through a "shop" and pick out presents for everyone on their list. I didn't make a list for Ping because I wasn't sure what this was all about. So the kids make crafts and then they shop. After they shop, the bring their bag of goodies to the wrappers. For the most part, there were two of us and then a third lady joined us. Thank goodness! The things these kids had. Some of them had ten stuffed animals in a bag. Ever wrap one of them? So Ping painted a brick to look like a reindeer, made a beaded wreath and she also made a little nativity scene. It was really quite cute. I was going to take photos, but I was busy wrapping the entire party. She shopped with some of the other women at church. She got something for me and a bunch of stuff for her. I saw the stuff when I got home. Seriously, what am I going to do with these things. I wish I had gone through the little "shop" with her. The items are new and used. Some were cute, some were awful. Regardless, it let the kids think of others for the holiday and that was the true reason behind it all.

There was a pot luck supper right after, but I wasn't planning on staying. Then Ping started begging to eat. No matter how many times I told her we would eat at home, she wasn't "hearing" it. So we had a little bit to eat. Bill then joined us and helped us carry home her goodies. I was anxious to leave. My throat has started to hurt again. I hope it passes soon. I do not want to get sick again any time soon.

I put Ping to bed since Bill was at a call. It took her forever to fall asleep tonight. It didn't help that Bill came home in the middle of me trying to get her to fall asleep. She got all riled up again. She didn't get to see her Daddy all day though.

I watched a fabulous Hallmark movie that made me cry. What else is new?

Well off to put some things away and head to bed. Hope you had a fun filled weekend.

Mama Out!!!!!

No comments: