Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving fun

We hosted Thanksgiving this year. We had Sarah, Brad, Meri, Joe, Ryan and Lucas as our guests. We had a wonderful time. The food was fantastic. Bill and I made most of the stuff the night before. I did some cleaning on that morning and then our company came around noon. It was nice having a small crowd. I was able to chat and enjoy everyone. Meri brought a yummy lasagna, some chips and dip and the cutest cake for Bill in the shape of a pumpkin. I loved it because it was in pieces, so you could just grab a small piece. It was really neat. Sarah and Brad brought some hummus and pita. It all looked so good, but I had to be careful what I was eating. I have been on an antibiotic and needless to say, food and antibiotics don't mix well for me.

I slept in a bit on Friday. Bill was home for the day. We were able to do a few things around the house that needed to be done. There were tubs filled with some of my stuff and my parents stuff that needed to be put in the attic. Somewhere around 5:00 pm, I closed my eyes for a few minutes and ended up passing out. Bill and Ping made sugar cookies. Ping has been dying to make cookies. She really wanted to decorate them with frosting, so we promised her she could. Ping had a ball. Once we put Ping to bed, we came downstairs and had some left overs. Yummy. I hadn't had lunch, so I was really hungry.

Bill had training at 8:00 am in Taunton today. It ran till 5:00 pm. He has training again tomorrow. It's for EMT credits. So it's just us girls for the weekend. Today I started the day with going to the bank, cleaners and Walmart. Once home I fed Ping, cleaned out the front hall closet, organized all the Tupperware in my cabinet and then sat on the kitchen and bathroom floor for 3 hours while I scrubbed my grout by hand. Needless to say, I wasn't moving so great after. I immediately popped a few Tylenol and now I am as good as gold! I watched a Hallmart movie tonight and now I am here getting caught up.

While I was laying in bed with Ping tonight. I said "Ping, can you ask Daddy to please make dinner for Mommy?" So when Bill jumped into bed after getting Rico the penguin, Ping says "Daddy, will you make dinner for Mommy please? Daddy said "No." Ping turned to me and said "Well that didn't work Mommy." Bill and I were dying. It was just the way she said it. She has the best sense of humor. We are so blessed with this little one. I love looking at her. I love watching her sleep. I really wish I could bottle this magic so that I could share it with others. Until you feel it, you just can not imagine how pure it is.

Ping told me today that she wants a brother and a sister so that she can share her toys with them and they can play all the time. Yeah, sure! Like she would so willingly let everyone play with her toys. She truly cracks me up. She said this to me as we were walking through the store. If it was so easy to get you a sister and a brother, I would sweetie, I really would.

Mama Out!!!!!!

Ping after Mama made dessert.

The Stand Family.

Ping caught running around.

Ryan and Meri.


Ryan smiling for me.

Ping, Ryan and Lucas.

Cleaned tile.

I made the monkey and Bill made the frog. Ping insisted on doing this project!!!

Ping's black elephant and pink lion. She got bored and told Bill to finish her lion. He couldn't be bothered as you can see.

No comments: