Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vet fun

Last night we took Sasha and Neesha for their annual check up and shots. I really detest having to do that. I know it needs to be done, but I hate seeing them in such turmoil over the entire situation. Sasha needs to have her teeth cleaned again, but looks great. Neesha lost 1/2 lb. That worried me, but I was assured that she looked great. Neesha is a little over 9 lbs and Sasha is a little over 13 lbs and that is without fur! We didn't take Sophie because she has the mobile vet. She had her appointment two months ago.

We were at this appointment for two hours. I am never there that long. What made things worse is that it was extremely hot in there. Bill had a 7:30 pm meeting, but he didn't get to it due to getting home too late. They had an emergency, so we got pushed behind. That doesn't bother me, but then we had them take Sasha for blood work and that took forever. I started getting nervous and asked the receptionist to check on the situation. She said they may be backed up. I didn't really care if they were backed up. I wanted my Sasha in my car and I wanted to be headed home. I have never had to wait so long for blood work before. At least the girls are happy and healthy, that is all that counts.

You would think I would have had a lot of patience waiting because I napped in the afternoon after I picked up Ping from school. I was so low energy that I knew something was wrong. By the time I walked out of the office, a sore throat was coming on. I went down hill fast. I didn't sleep all night because I couldn't swallow. I literally dragged myself out of bed so that I could get Ping to school. I dropped her off, came home and sat in my chair. I napped on and off. I picked up Ping, came home and napped again on and off. I just had zero energy. I emptied the dishwasher, but that was an effort! I did take Ping to ice skating at 4:00 pm. Bill met me there. She wanted to have dinner, but I told her we were going home. I was about to fall on my face. Once home, I laid down and napped for 10 minutes. Bill then woke me up to tell me he was going to the fire station. So I had to get up and come downstairs. Just as we were cleaning up about an hour later, Bill walked in the door. A little earlier that I anticipated. So he and I put Ping to bed. I came back down and watched a little TV. I am heading upstairs now. I just didn't want to forget what Ping said on the way to ice skating. The road we take is really convuluted. I have yet to figure it out. Anyway, Ping says "Mommy, the road makes a Y." She couldn't have been more correct. It's like 2 lanes go into one, but it's the way it's designed. You have to see it to understand. She then said "Mommy, the lines make and H or look like a ladder." Again, she was totally correct. The lines are odd on this street and so it does look like an H or a ladder. I was so proud of Ping for noticing that. I would never have thought that it looked like a Y, an H or a ladder. It's amazing how children can open our minds to see things the way they do. Just another amazing moment with my child. I hope I have them for the rest of my life. I have already told her that she is never moving out. She is fine for that for now. Let's see how it goes when she gets a tad older.

I am so proud of your observation skills Ping. I am so proud of how you are able to see things differently and connect them to something you have already learned. I still don't know how we got the best child in the world, but we did.

Mama Out!!!!

No comments: