Monday, June 21, 2010

Just another manic Monday...

The day started off with me anxiously calling the children's social worker. Unfortunately, she was going to be out for the day. Not what she told me on Friday. Oh well. I then called our social worker and told her how I was feeling. I am not overwhelmed with three children. Actually, I don't think the extra work is a big deal. However, the children themselves are very difficult. I wish I didn't have to admit it, but I do. It's the truth. The constant lying, blaming, destructiveness, defiance, is really grating on my nerves. So I have made the decision to discuss a few things with their worker. Most importantly, I need to know if the father is going to gain back these children as it's a very real possibility.

The kids started running first thing this morning. It doesn't make me want to get up and face the day, it really doesn't. It's like a bunch of banshees taking over the house. I did get up and shower and started the day. I fed them and then everyone ran around like I live in a barn! At 2:00 pm, we had a "play therapy" session. Can I just say that personally, I thought it was a waste of time. I can watch them play at home. The therapist wasn't helpful in sharing her feelings on what the situation was with the children. Less importantly, the woman was wearing a necklace that was satin or some sort of cloth that was intertwined with metal that had once been gold and had turned silver color and was rusty. No offense, but really? Not to judge a book by it's cover, but you are a professional woman, working in a building and you are wearing a necklace from the 80s that is rusting? I know, I know. Sue me for my feelings on the subject. I am sure she is a good therapist, but I was hoping for some insight from her and got nothing, not even a private moment to talk. She asked if I wanted to come in alone. Um, thanks, but nobody I know can watch three kids. She also asked if we wanted to come in weekly. Not for nothing, but why? She gave me no info and she wants to see if we want to come in weekly? What is the reasoning for it? What are we going to do? What do we think these kids are suffering from? Why are we watching them play, I can do it at home? What is she going to teach me or them? Why do I want these children playing with toys that look like they were left on the curb after a yard sale. They were dirty looking and gross. I don't want to go there again. Made an appointment to go back, but I am not thrilled with the prospect. Maybe because it's the state, but I expected more from the place and from her. Put that in my cap to discuss with the children's social worker!!!! The only thing that she did do after much pressing, is show me a chart of where the other foster mom felt the little girl is at. It was just a chart/graph. I finally said "What do we think is the issue here." She said she thought it might be "Explosive Behavior." Needless to say, I did a lot of reading tonight. I think she probably does suffer from that and ODD. I am not sure though. Not like I was getting anything today!!!!!!!

I am just really frustrated in general. I hope tomorrow is a better day with more info. Other than the therapy appointment, we came back home, the kids made an absolute mess, I cleaned it up with them and then fed them and put them to bed. Day is done. Now it's my turn. Better get to bed before someone chucks a grenade at me in the am.

Mama Out!!!!!!!

No comments: