Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why do weekends go by so fast?

It's already Sunday night. Well technically, it's Monday morning! I feel like the weekend started 10 minutes ago. It's hard to believe that it's already over. Boo.

Today we attended a graduation party at Sarah and Brad's abode and beautiful business. Sarah's niece Jaime graduated from a photography program. She has taken some beautiful photos over the years. I love a beautiful photo. I have a simple click and shoot, so I don't get the beautiful shots that others do with their nice cameras. It was a great day. We sat and chatted and just relaxed. It's always nice to see Sarah's family. I have known them for so many years, it's hard to believe that the "young" ones are now young adults. God I am getting so old!!!!!

After we left the party, we went to Target to get a toddler bed, bedding, booster chair, bathing suit for Ping and a few other things. The children are coming on Wednesday. We need to start preparing. Unfortunately, Bill has obligations the next two nights. Somehow we will muddle through.

I keep meaning to mention a dream I had the other night. I just keep forgetting to include it here. The other night, when I went to bed, I couldn't help but keep saying "I hope they choose us to parent these two little ones." Well I had the strangest dream that night. I dreamed that I walked into a mall and was ushered into one of the anchor stores. In the front of that store was Mr. and Mrs. Clause. Yeah, you got that right, the big man in red, Santa Clause. I was told by the woman who led me to the store with Santa, that he had something special to tell me. Well typically you sit on Santa's lap and ask for something, but this Santa was more of a fortune teller. He said to me "You know Jill, they are going to chose you to parent these children. However, this is not going to be easy. There will be many challenges, but do not worry for I will provide you with resources to help you through." All I can really remember of them is that they had this odd white/silver glitter paint all over their arms. I know this sounds whacked. However, there was something so odd about what Santa said. It wasn't like it was a dream. It was more like it was a visit from someone. It was almost like my parents were talking through Santa and yet it wasn't their voice. I am sure I conjured this all up in my head due to concentrating on it all day. That is what dreams are usually. This just felt like more than a dream and as funny as it sounds, I still feel like it was a real message from a real person that came through in that dream. I can "feel" it. I can't explain it better than that. As you know, we got the call the next day that we are going to be the ones to parent these two children. Wow, just wow!

Mama Out!!!!

Wacky child below!





No comments: