Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Saturday night....oh, it's Saturday night

Don't ask me why I am singing that. I guess it's because I thought it was Saturday night. It's so not. It's Sunday morning. It's 1:30 am!

I feel like it's been a long day and yet at the same time, I feel like it flew by. I got up earlier than I wanted too. We had two gentlemen hear fixing a board in our family room. Shortly after they left, I popped our wedding video into the DVD because Ping has never seen it and wanted to. First she said it was short, then she said it was long and then short again. I actually found myself in tears watching the video. My mom is no longer here and so that reality was painful, but it wasn't just that. Over half the people at the wedding are either no longer alive or they are no longer in our lives for one reason or another. None of my family is in our lives anymore. None of my Dad's. Most of the friends and coworkers are no longer in our lives either. I never felt like our wedding day was the best day of my life. It has nothing to do with Bill. I had a lot of difficult emotions that day and they crowded out a lot of the good ones. That and it was hot out and the day just flew by.

I would very much like to renew our wedding vows. Maybe for our 10th, I am not sure. It may just be the three of us on a cliff in Hawaii. That would be delightful. Mind you we want more children, so we hope it won't just be the three of us. I would like to register again, can I do that? Okay, I am kidding. I have a few years to think about it at least.

After the video, Bill and Ping went shopping and I passed out in the chair I was sitting. I heard them pull into the garage and I jumped up. I felt guilty for napping. Minutes after Bill brought all the food in, the fire department toned out a fire call and off Bill went. So lucky me got to put away all of the groceries. That took forever. We just do not have enough storage in this house. In order to put things away, I have to constantly neaten the cabinets. Not a bad thing, just wish we had more room so it didn't get so messy again so quickly.

Before I knew it, it was time for Ping to go to bed. We read her a story on adoption and then the two of them passed out. I came back downstairs. I watched the movie "Passengers" and "Milk." It is now time for me to head off to bed.

I really hope that I get the rest of my mom's walk in closet cleaned. I meant to do it today and never got to it. I want to clean out the cabinets in the family room as well. It never ends does it?

Hope you are keeping warm this weekend.

Mama Out!!!!!!

No comments: