Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day in the life of a mom

Last night I went to bed around 2. I had fallen asleep on the chair after reading. I got into bed and sneezed. Ping was stirring since I had turned the light on to see what I was doing. All of a sudden, a very sleepy Ping says "god bless you mama." I said "thank you baby." Shortly after I just smiled. Here is a kid that is not even awake and she is using her manners. Such a sweetie!

Today was a funny day. Went to Petco to get Sophie a collar for the Traveling Vet to put on when she comes on Friday. Hopefully she will put it on. It has a bell! Then we went to look for a pocketbook for me. The minute we walked in the door, Ping gets all angry and whiney that she wants to eat. She usually doesn't do that. I take her out of the store as she is unbearable. I take her to eat. Take her back for the pocketbook and now needs a bathroom. We go to use one at the store down the lane in the plaza. She pulls her Pull Up down and she has pooped! Now YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS right? lol. So I pick her up ever so carefully and put her up on top of one of those stations where you can change a child. I made her stand there. I underessed her, got wet paper towels as I had no wipes and proceeded to wipe her down. I didn't have another Pull Up, so she went commando. No harm, no foul. We went back to the store to get a pocketbook. A 1 hour round trip errand extravaganza ended up being 3. I just had to laugh as I left the parking lot! KIDS!


We got home and our neighbors stopped by to see our new couches and dining room table. Ping wanted to watch some TV, so I sat with her. Within minutes the phone rang. It was another neighbor! I am lucky we have some great neighbors. She called to see what Ping would want for her birthday. To be honest, Ping does not have a lot of stuff. People think she does, but she does not. I even asked Bill his opinion. He feels the same. My neighbor said "what do you get for her as she has everything?" Now I love my neighbor, she is a sweetie. She didn't mean anything by it, but as an only child, that statement made the hair on my neck stand up. Ping is not spoiled. Not in my opinion anyway. The kid has clothes, but she needs them. She has some books and a few other things, but not a lot. To be honest, we haven't bought a ton of stuff for her. So even though the comment was harmless, it was also false. I don't want people thinking that just because she is adopted and we have wanted her for years, that she is spoiled. That is not the case at all.

It's hard when people ask what Ping needs/wants. I have asked mom's many times myself, so I get the question. I just don't want to suggest anything a lot of times due to expense. I don't know if someone wants to spend $10 or $100! Kidding of course on the $100. I also don't know what Ping wants. She loves to dance. Loves music. Loves clothes. Loves books. She has one game that we haven't even played yet. She loves Playdoh, much to my dismay! So it's hard to even say what I think she needs. She is not attached to any characters, like Dora or Kai Lan. I am sort of grateful as I am NOT a fan of characters to be honest! I hate them all over clothes and shoes and backpacks. That is just a hang up of mine:)

Anyhoo, Bill is at school. It is my job to get the Pingster to bed. It's getting late so I better get to it now.

I hope you are well my friends!

Mama Out!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jill,
I've been lurking for months, but have to comment about the characters on clothing, etc. I thought I was the only mother who hated that stuff! Glad I'm not alone.
Kim
www.sheridans-shenanigans.info