Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Travelling Vet and today catch up!!!!

Today was a great day compared to yesterday!!!!! The three of us headed to the mall. Not a fan of shopping, but a necessary evil at times. We went to the Solomon Pond Mall. We went to Sears, JC Penny, The Childrens Store, Macys and Bertuccis. We were there for hours. We got some big items at Sears that we needed desperately. Got a new comforter for the pink bedroom that has my mom's bed in it and then some clothes for Ping at Macys. We had a gift card for that. I had a return at The Childrens Store. We were doing a lot of errands and then planning to head home because our friend Anita was coming up to see our landscaping. Damn, I meant to take a picture of her and Ping. UGH. Anyhoo, the phone rang while we were in Macys. As soon as we left, we found a bench, put all our stuff down and called back. It was Anita. I told her we were still at the mall. The funniest thing was she was literally around the corner. When she didn't get us immediately, she decided to hit the mall. She was just stores down from us. Who would have thought!!!!!? She immediately found us and we all headed for a very late lunch. She helped to carry all the bags too. Thank you so much my dear.

After eating lunch we headed to the homestead. My fur babies were so excited to see her. Neesha is so attached to her, it's so funny to watch. Neesha follows her around everywhere!!!! Anita ended up painting her toes as she loved the polish I had on my hands. We watched a movie as well. It was great. She just left a short time ago. It was a great day. Exhausting as well!!!!

So for the final part to yesterdays post. The vet showed up around 1:30. When I went to check on Sophie, she was at the door staring at me. I warned the two ladies that she would charge to get past us. So we walked ever so slowly into the area she was in. BAM, she was out the door, past the three of us. I was so upset. So Sophie started heading up the stairs, but someone was up there and she was afraid, so she actually sat on the steps. We were able to force her down the stairs by making the person at the top stand there. She went into the family room. Talk about Deja vu! So the three of us went in. She was under the couches. We spent some time trying to get her. Sophie was trying to crawl up and down the windows. It was awful. The vet said she may not be able to get her. All I could say is "please, this is so important to me, I will do anything you need me to do." I stepped out to get a towel for the vet as they only had one towel. The vet came out and said she was going to try something new and that she wanted me to stay out of the room! So I paced like a nervous man on the brinks of fatherhood for the first time! They trapped her in a small Rubbermaid type box. A small one. I don't know how they did it, but they did. Thank god!!!! So the vet said they were going to take her to the van, which is a big mobile clinic and give her some anesthesia. I said that was fine, but before unleashing the beast, they needed to close windows, lock and double lock the doors!!!!! They came in 20 or so minutes later. They gave her the Rabies shot, Distemper, tested for Feline Leukemia - she was negative, gave her that shot and gave her some topical stuff for worms or anything she could have caught while outside. She said her heart and lungs were great and she seemed like a healthy baby. She also threw in there that she was so lucky to have us. HEAR THAT SOPHIE????? LOL.

So they have to come back in a month to do a booster for the Leukemia. Not so thrilled about that, but what am I going to do? She needs it and so she will get it. Then I hope nothing else will need to be done till the following year.

So I put Sophie in my bedroom with the door closed. She was already awake. It's a very quick anesthesia. I let her roam for an hour and opened the door. The other 2 girls were not thrilled with her. They still aren't. I think due to the smell. Then can sense that stuff. The vet did get the collar on too. So now Sophie is ringing. YAY! Sophie is NOT digging the collar.

She didn't come out much last night, but tonight she was pretty social and actually let me touch her on the nose. That was a huge step for her. She has been really hiding since our big fight 2 weeks ago. So I hope she is settling in.

I was so relieved when it was all over and Sophie was in the house and the vet was gone. I am grateful it is behind me!

So Sophie is physically healthy. I am beginning to become a little more emotionally healthy. Hopefully we are on the mend!!!! I almost feel like the collar has humanized her or domesticated her or something. Maybe she knew something was brewing and now she is calming down? I don't know, but I am noticing a change and I am grateful.

We had dinner out last night. Our friend's Meri and Joe lost their cat on Thursday to an awful disease. He was such a love bug. We really adored him. We will miss him. Given how our days had been, I suggested dinner for the 6 of us! So we went out and had a nice time just catching up with life and letting the kids play together.

Well ta ta for now. I am beat!!!!

Mama Out!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Whew! Glad that is over with!