Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sniff, sniff, Olympic dreams are dashed!!!!!

I took Ping to her first ice skating lesson. I was so excited. She hated it. Scared to death of the ice and the blade touching the ice. She cried like a crazy lazy. I kept trying to coax her gently. I wanted to pick her up and throw her on the ice and tell her to love it, but figured that might be considered cruel!!!!!!

She kept saying "I wanna go home mama." She got on the ice once with the teacher carrying her and she smiled then bawled. Then she got on again and the teacher showed her how to fall, stand up on her own and also how to pick up her feet. She was doing it perfectly, even the teacher thought so. Then the teacher let go and Ping felt very vulnerable I think. She fell apart. So we got her sneakers on and left. Then the Caddy would not start for me until the 4th try. Not like I can be rescued as my car is in the shop!!!! So that is due in next!

So here I am, soooo bummed. My Olympic hopeful, down the tubes. I can only pray she will like it in the future. I will try again with her at some point. She is my daughter, skating is in her blood by transfusion!!!!!

Till next time.....

No comments: