Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not much to say today

Ping woke up in a good mood. I got her to bed at a good time last night, so I was pleased to see this pay off.

After school we went to my physical therapy evaluation. I am going to start next week. I will go 2 times a week. My mobility is very bad. Where I should be a 20, I am a 4. Where I should be a 12, I am a 2. I am going for Plantar Fasciitis. My Lymphedema does not help because it prevents the absorbing of strike shock in the heel when I am walking. I wear stockings daily. That does not give me a lot of opportunity to move my lower legs. I need more mobility in order to obtain the shock. Confusing? Anyhoo, I am very tight and need to get this heel pain under control. It has really changed my life. I haven't exercised in a long time. I can't go shopping for extended periods of time. I want to go to the zoo or an event for the day, but know I can't make it for the entire time. It's very irritating and painful.

After that we stopped at a local store and then back home. I took off for a 6pm pedicure. I was in desperate need of having my nails cut. Just another side effect of Lymphedema. The nails are very different on my toes than most peoples. Didn't you want to know this???? LOL. So it's a necessity to get there. It's not like anyone actually sees the toes in my sneakers. That is all I wear. I miss shoes:( I can't wear them or my feet will swell. I need to get new sneakers. The PT thought mine were awful. I knew he would say that. The are more the fashion kind then the well made mechanically sound ugly sneakers! I was whining "do I have to????" He said "how desperate are you?" Honestly, I will do anything to get rid of the pain!!!! He said if I was really concerned about the uglyness, I could find white or black ones. Those are the OLD LADY ones though. You know what I am talking about, right? UGH. So I will have to go look at some point for something else to wear. Only thing I should wear the ones I have for are a movie at a friends he said! Sneaker Nazi! lol.

So that is the entire day. Nothing exciting going on. Frankly, I consider that divine.

Take care.

Mama Out!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I hope this PT helps. I can imagine that the limited mobility is no fun now with Ping. Gear up for the zoo in the spring!

Good luck! :)