Sunday, October 26, 2008

The weekend

Friday was uneventful. Ping and I still felt pretty miserable, so we laid low. My friend Mindy's father passed away on Thursday. He was 82 and very ill with cancer. The wake and funeral were in Pittsfield, MA. I had intended on trying to attend the wake on Friday. Unfortunately with Bill at work and then school and the two of us gals not feeling well, we didn't go. It would have been over 2 hours to drive there and back. I am not sure how it would have been with the traffic and such, but since my head was a fuzz ball, I couldn't see driving alone for more than 10 minutes!!!!! Saturday was the funeral, but it started at 9am and I had a Tastefully Simple party to do that day. I knew if I headed up there and back, I would have been toast. If I was feeling up to par, I could have done it. I feel awful for not going. I think it's so important to be there for your friends when they lose someone.

We did go to dinner with Trisha and her two kids on Friday night. It was a quick dinner. It was nice to see them, but we were really too miserable to leave the house and we shouldn't have. Ping was not a happy camper at all!

Saturday we took Ping to a Trick or Trunk party. It was at a church. They had 20 or so cars all decorated and you went to each one and got candy from the trunk. I have never seen anything like it. Really cute. There was a bouncy house and pony rides too. Ping did both of course!!!!!! She has got the hang of trick or treating now:) Say "Trick or Treat" and get some candy. Then follow up with a thank you. NOT BAD!

We then ran a quick errand and he dropped me off to do the Tastefully Simple party. It was a nice group of women. It was very small. It was really hot as they had the fire stove going. Needless to say, I was dripping sweat! The party ran longer than I intended. After getting home, I had a snack and sat down to watch a movie where I quickly passed out!!!!! I really wanted to see the movie too!!!!!

Today we took Ping to Wachusett Mountain for Celticfest. We didn't stay long as we went last weekend and it was pretty much all the same stuff. It was gorgeous out though, so it was nice to get outside. We then went to Walmart for some shopping! I am zonked and we are all not feeling fab! This too shall pass:)

I will share pictures in the next post!

Mama Out!

No comments: