Thursday, March 20, 2008

I thought I made it through the day.....

I woke up around 5am to find a small being in my bed! When did that happen????

We got up early and headed to Target for some Easter stuff. We had a good time. We went with friends who needed stuff too. Better to shop with others than alone! Anyhoo, after we left there, we went to the cleaners and then Friendlys for lunch. We had lunch with Meri and Lucas! While we were waiting for Meri and Lucas, I took Ping to the bathroom. As we passed a woman, a young girl and a boy, I felt like the little girl might be from China. However, I wasn't sure as her hair was really light.

So we went to the bathroom and then sat down. As the woman walked by to leave a little while later, she leaned over and said "Where is she from?" I said "China." She said "Where in China?" I said "Shanxi." She told me her little girl was from China too!!!!!!!! We immediately started talking. Her son is handsome. He is her biological child. So we traded numbers and email addresses and have decided to meet up some time in the future. I am very much looking forward to having a new friend for me and new friends for Shayla!!! Amazing how people bond over adoption.

So Meri and Lucas came and we ate. I got a small ice cream for the Miss since it came with her meal. Do you think she shared? Actually, when I tried to get a spoonful, she had a major meltdown. What a nice child I have, no? I probably have never mentioned this, but if I try to take her dinner at home, she will literally stab my hand with a fork. Run for your life. It's hilarious.

When we got home, she played and I caught up on emails. Then my sweet daughter completely shut off the computer! UGH. Now I wouldn't care, but I had to look for the key that she stole the other day, so I could open the box and turn it back on. Every day there is a new issue. Well we got past the computer problem. Then she went upstairs for something and I went to the bathroom. She started to cry. I told her where I was. When she finally found me, she started to pull down her pants. I said "hold on, mom will get off the toilet right now." You guessed it, it was too late. She pooped in her Pull Up. It was all over her. I put her on the toilet and stripped her and washed her up. So she is now off the pot, but naked. I was going to take her upstairs to change, but Baba drove in the driveway. Well he disappeared. I stepped outside to tell him to look at Miss Nakedness inside the house. He had gone to get the trash barrels. Well can you guess what happened next? PING, the darling child shut the door on me. So there I am, waiting on Baba to come down the driveway and I am freezing while I am standing on the porch. She thought it was hysterical. Thank god he was home so we could get in. When I tried the door and she realized that I could not get in, she got a little nervous. Meanwhile, Bill comes back to the house, looks inside and says, "we have a naked child, why???" So I shared the lovely poo story! Well he went through the garage and as he came in the house, the phone rang. So he is getting the phone, letting me in and trying to get Ping to get upstairs to get dressed!

The adventures here never ends. She has now locked me out of my office, locked me out of my house, shut off my computer, stolen the ball out of the mouse so that I can't use the computer and has had more issues with poop than I care to think about.

I am becoming a locksmith in my next life!!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well...of course Bill should come home to expect his wife locked outside in the cold while his daughter runs around nake inside.

Christina said...

What a great opportunity for Ping to have a friend close-by who has something so special in common with her... each girl will have someone with whom they can relate as they get older.

Thanks for the great humor! You're a hilarious writer. :)