Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Second Shift Just Arrived!!!!! YAY!!!!

Poor Miss Ping has a cold. Her nose is running like a faucet and her cough is just awful. She was up at 2am and then at 5am and so on and so on.....

So we got up and headed out for a 10:15 appt. We went to Dunkin Donuts on the way home for a nice tall ice tea for mama. We then came home. While home, I got two calls. I could hear Ping playing. I thought that she was entertaining herself. I was thrilled. Well, she certainly was entertaining herself!!!!! She came over to me and asked me to kiss the kitty cat on the 1/2 opened pouch of stinky cat food. It was right then and there, I realized we may indeed have a problem. I walked around the corner to find at least 25 paper plates all over the floor where the cats eat. At least 10 plates had various types of cat food on them. It was like a buffet. So there were blank plates, plates with different foods and one plate with 3 or 4 different kinds on it. No wonder why she smelled like cat food. UGH!!!!! It was funny, but NOT. There sat the boxes of food next to everything. She thought this was hysterical. One of our girls kept peeking around the corner waiting for Ping to vacate. After all, she had a FEAST in her future. LOL.

I just looked at Ping and she immediately picked up every single blank plate and put them back into the package. Then she took all the pouches and put them in their box and then she put all the plastic containers in their box.

I swear, I am NOT on the couch eating BON BONS! I totally keep track of her, but I like her to have a few minutes to herself without me hovering too.

Well I cleaned her hands and face and we headed out to lunch with a Ayi Karen. Karen decided to get her some Clam Chowder now that she is in New England. She loved it. Karen also got her a salad with grapes and pineapple and chicken salad and croutons, etc. She wasn't so thrilled. Oh well! After lunch, we headed to a candy store that just opened. It's penny candy. Ayi Karen handed her a bowl and she went to town!!!! She picked up a little of this and a little of that. Then Karen went to pay for it and all hell broke loose. It was like taking candy from a baby. LOL. Oh my! We tried to explain the whole pay for it thing and then you get it back, but she was not having any of it. She had a cow. Well Karen took her outside and let her have some Twizzlers. She would break off a tiny piece and hand it to Ping. Karen and I then said our goodbyes and we all headed home. As we are driving home, Ping who has managed to open her own Twizzler stick is breaking off small pieces with her teeth and spitting them out the window!!!! She can reach the window button!!!!! So I get home and there are tiny red pieces all over her, the inside of the car, in the window area, the buttons and on the outside of the truck. Mind you, we were maybe 2 miles from home! Little stinker. Needless to say, I had to clean the truck. Normally I would never allow her to have candy in the backseat, but she was overtired, not feeling great and we were so close to home that I thought she would just hold onto the bag like she had been!!!!!!

So we get home and shortly after I lie down on the couch so I can encourage her to. She gets me a blanket. Sweet baby. She plays for awhile and then gets a blanket and gets on the love seat. She must be exhausted because she is doing this willingly. Bill comes home for a quick cup of coffee before he heads off to school. He is only home for 10 minutes or so when I witness the Pingmeister change positions. She rolled to her side, but in doing so, she literally started to roll off the couch. Now it is not a far drop, so I wasn't worried. I was busy focusing on the fact that she grabbed a little freestanding table as she started to tip. Now how does a sleeping person do that if they have their eyes closed? It was so bizarre. Well guess what was on that little table? My brandy new, 1 sip taken ice tea that I got earlier in the day. I was so disappointed. Well it splashed on the couch and all over the floor. It was a large one. My one exciting big ice tea:(

So my loving husband comes in and comforts the little pumpkin who got all shook up. At the same time, he has 3 towels to clean up the spill. He asks me if I am going to get off my butt and help him? EXCUSE ME? Get off my butt? I have been doing child duty for HOURS now and don't feel the greatest. I just want 10 minutes to rest while he is home. When questioned, he proceeds to tell me that I took it the wrong way. I love that about people. People always take it the wrong way. It is never SAID the wrong way. Right? Well I hope he does not take the Cyanide in his coffee "the wrong way!!!" Sleep tight honey bunny!!!!!!

So 2 minutes after the floor and couch are cleaned, Ping comes over and starts saying "mama juice" with a pout. KID, you think you have to pout??? Look at mama's pout!!!!! It was a new tall ice tea that she was looking to savor. Would you believe it if I told you that as she was turning around to find her sweet baba, she hit the 1/4 of the amount left in the cup? SPLASH. For the LOVE OF GOD!!!!!! So Bill came and cleaned that up too. Then he said he had to go to school and the monsoon of tears began. I told Bill to stop coming home. Heck, it's better than having to deal with the aftermath. LOL.

So off to school he went and Miss Ping and I just hung out together. Did I mention the snotty nose got worse with the tears. ICKY!!!!! Bill came home around 8:30 and all was right with the world again.

She is in bed. He is asleep on the couch clearly not affected by the Cyanide and I am heading to bed. In a few short hours and I mean short, we get to do this all again.

I said pray for me in my last post. Somehow I get the feeling that nobody is doing it!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying-no
laughing my butt off-yes!

Jill you have one little spitfire on your hands and I love how you manage to see the humor in it all.

Christina said...

LOL, isn't it amazing how that one glass of "mama juice" takes on such importance when it's your one and only luxury?! I'm so glad you are writing--what a hoot!