Sunday, March 9, 2008

We are home!!!!






We got home on Thursday evening the 6th. Our friends came to greet us at the airport. We needed someone to drive the truck with the car seat and our friend Joe was the only one comfortable to do so. It's a long truck. So Meri and Joe met at Cracker Barrel an hour away from where they live to pick up my besty bud Donna and my godchild Nicole. They didn't want to drive to the airport alone. Meri and Joe offered to take them. So Joe drove the truck and Meri drove her car with Lucas in the car seat, Donna and Nicole. Donna jumped out to see us at the airport. We were outside of baggage claim. Meri came out, Joe and then Nicole. It was so good to see them. We stayed in the cold for a few so they could meet Ping Ping and give her some great gifts. Donna gave her the softest monkey and a pink duck that tells if the bathwater is too hot. She gave an adorable outfit too. A salmon colored shirt and a denim dress. Meri gave her a pink Care Bear Etch a Sketch and a cute little rabbit. She also made a cute little welcome home sign! However, we got in before they were at the airport. LOL.

A State police officer came over and asked where Ping was from. I said China. He said "No kidding." LOL. He wanted to know which Province she was from. I told him Shanxi. He said he brought his daughter home 7 years ago from China. So he wasn't annoyed that we were parked where we shouldn't be. I thought for sure we were in trouble.

Okay, I owe you photos and more info, but I have never been so jet lagged in my life and I need to go lay down. I will add more soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!

She is just gorgeous! LOVE the picture of her in the red dress!!!

Can't wait to meet her!