Saturday, January 24, 2009

2009 Better get better for everyone soon!!!!!

I know some of you are probably wondering where I have been. Well I have been sick! Very sick!!!!! I am lucky though as it's the type of sick you recover from.

I can barely remember this past week, but let me try to sum it up. Wednesday was a nothing kind of day. We stayed home. My stomach was acting funny, but that isn't all that uncommon. Then Thursday came. Thursday was hell day. I knew all night that my stomach was off, but I was so tired I was in and out of sleep. When I woke up, I knew something was very wrong. I put my bathing suit on anyway and got Ping ready for school. We dashed out to the car and it started. I could not hold it back anymore. I jumped out of the truck that was running in the garage with the door open, ran to the back of the truck and started to throw up into the snowbank on the side of the garage. Meanwhile, Ping is in the car yelling "Mama, I have to go to schoooooool." NO SHIT KID!!!!! God I love her, but I am dying here. Give me a minute!!!!!!! I ran in the house quickly to brush my teeth and got back into the truck and took her to school. I was going to continue on to swimming, but I said to myself "What if you don't go dingbat, will anything happen???? Just skip it for Pete's sake!!!!!" So I did. Good thing. I ended up coming home and sitting at the computer. Within moments I was dashing to the bathroom again. Same issue. This is NOT going away. I took a quick shower. I was getting more and more tired and frankly, I was very week. I wasn't sure I could even get Ping. Sure enough a few more episodes happened. I finally left at 11 am to get the girl and drove home like a bat out of hell and breathing very deeply. I told the little princess that I was not feeling well and to just be patient with me. For the rest of the day I sat in the chair and slept. I didn't move at all. The poor girl went through three Pull Ups. I don't know why she wasn't using the bathroom, but she wasn't. I got her some chocolate milk and a Dora popsicle, but that is pretty much it for the day. I was seriously too weak to do anything. I felt awful.

When Bill was leaving for work he discovered he had a flat tire. So after work he went to have it fixed. Not a big deal, but I was hanging on by a thread all day and him coming home later didn't help me at all. The house looked like a hurricane. I looked like a hurricane, an earthquake and a tsunami had hit me. I was as white as a ghost. When he finally came in, I just said that she needed a Pull Up and to please feed the poor baby. I will have to say that Ping was so tolerable of all of it. I was so proud of her. Somewhere around 4 pm, she actually wanted to sit with me in the chair. I told her I didn't want her to as I didn't want her that close. She did not take no for an answer. It was comforting to have her so close. I pray she doesn't get this bug. It's just awful.

Somewhere around 5 pm I moved into the family room as I could no longer sit in the chair. I was so achy. When Bill got home around 7 pm he fed her and then put her to bed. The man NEVER returned after that. I was not a happy lady. Not for nothing, but at this point I am literally losing stuff from both ends and have had to change my clothes twice. Sorry, don't mean to be gross, but I was truly a mess and here he is in bed snoozing!!!!!!! Hello, could I possibly get a little help here? What the hell? It scares me. What if something really happens to me some day???? At some point, you have to step up to the plate. Feeding and putting your child to bed is your parental duty. It's not like something above and beyond is being done here. Can you please ask me if I could use a Gatorade? How about shutting the lights off and putting some toys away. UGH. So finally around 11 pm I yelled upstairs to him. He was very annoyed with me. I did the best I could, but really needed the help. So I told him I was really disappointed. At that point he swore at me under his breath. WHATEVA! I am 2 seconds from throwing myself down on the tile floor here, HELP!!!!!! Every light was on in the house!!!!!!! Outside too! So he helped do a few things and then we both laid down in the family room where he forced me to watch Family Guy and Robot Chicken because I was too weak to fight the programming! Finally around 1:30 am we went to bed.

Friday I awoke 75% better. I was still really weak. However, I could move in small increments. I wasn't as achy as I was the day before. However, I couldn't bend as my sides were killing me. I still had the bug, but it was only affecting me at this point from the bottom half. The cramps were not as intense as the day before. I could literally tell that the bug crawled all the way down. It was odd. From the throwing up, to both issues, to the bottom being the last. It was like a terrible worm crawling it's way through. Okay, I am making myself sick again being so graphic! Blech! Anyway, I decided not to jump out of bed and take her to school. I felt awful, but I just couldn't do it. I hate to see her miss school, but if I go down for the count, then what???? So it was a quiet day at home. I did a little cleaning here and there. Then I would rest and tackle the mail. I was able to feed the baby:) So I wasn't as bad as the day before. That goodness as she was less tolerable! I will say that with this terrible bug comes an awful headache. Like brain crushing. So that made me feel awful. On top of that, no eating or drinking. It was just ugly.

So now we are onto today. I weighed myself. I lost 10 lbs in 2 days. WOW! I actually felt lighter and my rings are oddly moving around my finger. I am sure that won't last:( We had a birthday party to go to for Lucas. We went over for 12 pm. We stayed a lot longer than anyone else did. That is no surprise! We were hanging and talking and letting the kids play. The guys were figuring out Lucas' new toys. Ping had a great time. Meri gave me a "Lucky Cat" for Chinese New Year. I will definitely take a photo of it. I was very touched that she got that for us. It was very thoughtful! I didn't eat all day till about 5:30. I tried 1 1/2 pieces of pizza and the smallest piece of cake ever. I survived maybe 30 minutes before it did me in. We left shortly after! I was afraid I would get sick all over again and Bill wanted to go shopping. So he dropped me off and the two of them went shopping! I took a small nap. Still had a nasty headache. I did have a few crackers and cheese and some ice tea and that seems to be helping me somewhat. I am still really dizzy. Not eating for three days isn't exactly the best thing for the body even if you do lose 10 lbs!

So that is about it for me. I will upload some photos of the party. Where I wasn't feeling grand, I didn't get that many.

I do have to talk about a few other things. Much more important things than me being sick. Again, that is something you can recover from. My dearest friend Sarah was given some awful news about her mom who hasn't been feeling well and has been in the hospital. She has cancer. She had cancer before and beat it. This time they do not want to take the route of chemotherapy and radiation. I am really devastated over this news. I have known Sarah's mom since I was in the eleventh grade! She has always been a very strong woman. I am not really a praying person. Sometimes I am and sometimes I am not. I am still trying to figure out where I stand with religion. The only reason why I am sharing this here is that I have a tremendous amount of loving friends who visit here and if you could all keep Sarah and her mom and her husband and family in your thoughts, I would be most grateful. I love you sweetie and will be here for whatever you need!

Also this week my friend Joe was laid off. His company closed it's doors yesterday. So the future is scary for both Meri and Joe, who are expecting their second child in June. I am not scared for them as Joe is an intelligent guy and I know he will find something soon. However, I know that fear. I have been there and the first thing you want to do it hold down your home. It is frightening, but I know they will do okay. Wish him good thoughts so that he may find a new job and soon.

Congrats to my buddy Donna who had a few issues that have since been resolved. Yay. I know she is breathing a sigh of relief. I am too.

All in all, it's been a fairly terrible week for most of my friends. I haven't been able to really even reach out and help because I have been too sick. However, I will be there for them as they have always been there for me.

I hope all of you are doing well!

Mama Out!!!!

No comments: