Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have seen better weeks!

On Monday, Ping seemed really tired. She wasn't up when the alarm went off so I let her sleep. We both slept. I skipped swim and she skipped school. I felt awful about it afterward. She developed a cold AGAIN over the weekend. That is why I was allowing her some extra rest.

We stayed home all day. I am working on cleaning out my filing cabinets. I detest this job, but it's necessary to do. For the most part Ping watched TV and played with her toys. She was up before me of course, so she completely decorated the entire house! My fault as I wasn't up. I never know what I am going to find. There were two windows that were missing their dividers!!!!!! So she really had fun. She also took my white stuffed bunny, brought it downstairs and cut the ribbon around it's neck into a million pieces. She should not have touched the scissors. She knows that!

Bill came home around 5pm and started vomiting. He kept up with that till 3 am or so. So he clearly had a bug.

Additionally, my friend's dear mother fell in the middle of the night. She wasn't feeling well and had to be rushed to the hospital. They suspected a mild heart attack and some additional issues. I was really worried about her. I still am, but things are looking better.

Yesterday was pretty much the same as Monday. However, we were all home. Bill stayed in bed the entire day with a terrible headache. Ping battled her cold while playing, singing and dancing and I continued on with this dreaded project that has kicked up more issues. It has been like a huge domino effect!

Today was a wee bit better. Bill went to work, but came home early. His coworkers were concerned about him spreading this bug. Like I wanted him home??????? Spread it there, not here! Kidding. We stayed home because it is freezing out and all I had to do was a bunch of errands. Not really fun when you have a little one in tow and you have to get in and out of the car a million times! So since Daddy was feeling pretty good, he did the laundry. I made a gazillion phone calls and worked on my project. Ping just bounced all over driving us to drink. I was so looking forward to enjoying the ice tea I bought this morning. After Ping went to bed, I was going to sit back and enjoy it. Unfortunately, Bill hit it in the refrigerator and the entire tea went on the floor. I am a tad depressed. I swear since we have been back from the ranch, Ping has been out of control. She isn't listening well and she won't stop being a pest. Maybe it's just a phase? Every time I even attempt to sit in the chair she crawls up and down and up and down. Don't get me wrong, I adore her. However, when someone crawls on you no matter where you are and asks for something every 2 seconds, you get annoyed!!!!!!

My friend's mom seems to be responding to the regime she is on at the hospital, so we are feeling so much better about the situation. She is a strong lady. Strong like bull. We are looking forward to hearing she is back home and better!

Well that is all for now. I need to go throw myself a pity party over my ice tea. Hope you are well and your week is better than ours here!!!!

Mama Out!


Kim said...

So glad to know that I am not the only MaMa out there that feels like a jungle gym!

Christina said...

Hope everything improves for your friend's mom.

So sorry you all are sick. You have NO luck with that tea, do you?