Sunday, April 26, 2009

Drop dead tired!!!!!

I am so tired right now. However, I knew if I didn't get on here and blog, I would only get more behind.

Yesterday was my 40th birthday. I can't believe I am 40. I am not a fan of it. There isn't much I can do about it though. Despite the age, the day was great. The day started out with a flower delivery. I got a cupcake flower arrangement. The cupcake has white carnations in it. It's so adorable. I of course took photos. I then opened a card from Daddy and a card from Ping. Bill got me two bracelet clasps that go with the bracelet I own. One is a basket of flowers and one is a sand dollar. So pretty. Later in the day, I got another delivery. I got an Edible Arrangement delivery of strawberries, bananas, pineapples and grapes. It was divine! Then later in the afternoon I got a third delivery. I got 40 balloons!!!! There were fantastic. The colors were great and fun. Sarah and Brad sent all three deliveries. I could not be a luckier woman:)

Sarah and Brad were actually here for the last delivery. That was really exciting. Bill started cooking around 1 pm as we expected 13 for dinner. I have to admit we counted wrong and thought 8 were coming, so we set place settings for 8. Ooops. That was a mess.

We had everyone coming for 5 pm, but everyone was super busy and couldn't get here on time. Sarah and Brad came early. It was nice to be able to catch up with them. They brought a ton of videos for Ping. Sarah's sister and mom loved watching videos together and now that they are together in Heaven and watching probably the best movies ever, Sarah gave Ping their videos. Ping can't wait to watch them all. Sarah's mom also made gorgeous baby blankets and Sarah was nice enough to bring them so that I could pick two. One for Shayla and one for the child we hope to adopt next. What a treasure they will always be to us. We are truly grateful to have them.

Meri, Joe and Lucas came and we all chatted some more. Then Donna, Brad and Nicole came around 6:00 pm. While waiting on Anita and Robo, I opened some gifts. Meri, Joe and Lucas gave me a pedicure set which looks like it will be fun to use. Donna brought Ping her Easter basket that she hadn't been able to give her since Easter. Ping had a blast. It was all Princess stuff. From Sarah and Brad, I got a beautiful tea cup that says Happy Birthday on it. They also got me some adorable note cards with ladybugs on them and some beautiful ladybug stamps. I don't even want to use them!!!! Lastly, they gave me a beautiful purple Asian lipstick and mirror compact that belonged to Sarah's mom and inside they put a paper that said they renewed my People magazine subscription. Is that not awesome????? I love that magazine and I get so excited when I get it every week!!!!! It's so nice to have something of Sarah's mom's!!!! Anita and Robo arrived while I was opening my gifts, and Robo gave me a restaurant gift certificate. Anita gave me an awesome card that has the tune "You're My Best Friend" in it. So sweet!!! I also got a card from Donna and Brad that was really great and a card from Nicole and Michael.

We sat down around 6:45 pm for dinner. Bill made a roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, two green bean casseroles and squash. It was all very yummy. After clearing the table, we had two cakes, cupcakes and the edible arrangement for dessert. There were two cakes. There was a Black Forrest Cake that Donna and Brad brought and a beautiful carrot cake that Sarah and Brad bought. These two have a favorite bakery and they asked them to make me a special cake in the shape of a Tiffany Box. They also asked that they make a carrot cake with pineapple in it. They had left over batter and frosting, so they made us some cupcakes too. YUMMY. I was stuffed after having a piece, so I was going to try Donna's one tonight. but it got to be too late! There is always tomorrow! I also had a few pieces of pineapple, some grapes and a strawberry. Most of the stuff was chocolate covered. I think we were all very full at the end of the night.

After dinner we gabbed, took some photos and then it was time for everyone to leave. Most of them had an hour ride ahead of them. It was a great night and I am so glad that the friends who have known me the longest were here to spend it with me. I am also grateful for my wonderful cook.

Well we were up till about 2 am cleaning, so getting out of bed for me was a hardship. I got up late and showered. I did a little cleaning and then we got on the road. We had a wake to go to in West Roxbury which is an hour from us. We first stopped at Anita's new apartment. I have to say that I love it and could easily live there!!!!! Then Anita and Robo got into Robo's car and we got into ours and headed to the wake. The place was very small and since it was 88 degrees today, I was sweating to death. It was not a pretty sight. There was barely any seating and we had Ping with us. We really didn't want to leave her with anyone and we knew we wouldn't be there long. I just wish she wasn't so jiggly and wiggly. She was all over our friends. She was up late last night, so I know that was behind her silly behavior. We stayed for an hour or so and then Anita and Robo and the three of us had dinner at an Irish Pub in Dedham. Everyone was pretty happy with what they had. We headed home right after as it was getting late and Ping has school tomorrow. Speaking of Ping, she is up and it's 12:30 am!!!! She is not sleeping tonight and I have no idea why. So I need to head upstairs and get some shut eye and get her to sleep for us before tomorrow morning arrives.

Thank you friends for a great day!

Sophie sleeping so cute.

Adorable cupcake.

Table cloth, napkins and napkin rings from my bridal shower. They were the decor at the shower and Sarah made sure that I got a table cloth, the napkins and the rings, so I would always remember that day. The china was my Mom's. My mom also had china from her wedding. This china was special though. It comes from Germany and was once owned by a woman who babysat for the children of a man who was in the SS. I wish I had more history on it. The colors match perfectly to the table cloth.

Cake plate with charms. This was given to me by Sarah years ago.

Edible Arrangement delivery.

Balloon delivery.

Balloons.

Ping holding the balloons.

She is loving these.

Pulled them down to smell them. They don't smell, but she thinks everything does.

Donna putting on the tiara and earrings.

Mrs. T in her Princess wear.

Close up.

Friends during dinner. Left to right is: Anita, Robo, Sarah, Brad, Donna and Brad.

Gorgeous cake.

My birthday hat from Sarah.

Meri.

Donna and Anita.

Robo and my Godchild Nicole.

Nicole looking at her dad Brad.

Robo and Bill.

Cupcakes.

Sarah, Robo and Brad.

Robo and Anita.

My cake.

Yummy cake from Donna and Brad.

Ping sitting in Ayi Anita's lap while enjoying a strawberry and getting a kiss.

Ping and Nicole.

Don't ask!

Candid.

Meri and Donna in the back. Anita, Sarah and me in the front.

Ping and Lucas.

From back to front by couple: Robo with Anita, Brad with Sarah, Donna and Brad in the back together and then there is Bill and me and Joe and Meri.

Same group, different picture.

Meri's photos:
Mama and Ping.

My Princess.

Sweet Princess.

Meri and Joe.

Lucas and Joe.

Edible Arrangement.

Dinner.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Looks like a fun birthday! I love the pic of you and Ping.