Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am getting too far behind here!!!!

It's school vacation week. I suppose most people would be thrilled. Not me. That just means that Ping can get into all sorts of trouble. I am doing my best to minimize it!

Sunday we cleaned the garage. I have been wanting to do this for years. Like 5 years!!!!!! We have two garages. When my Mom built on to our existing house, she had them build a garage. Unfortunately, a lot of my Mom's stuff landed in boxes and then in the garage when she moved in. I am just now trying to go through them. I am working on them little by little. It's tough. It's hard to revisit a lot of this stuff. Sunday night we had dinner with Ayi Meri, Uncle Joe and Lucas.

I was up early yesterday because Ping was up and I can't leave her alone for more than one minute!!!!! I took a shower and then for six hours I poured through two boxes of paperwork. I went through two briefcases of my Dad's. I found old wills of my great-grandparents and grandparents. I found receipts from when my parents had furniture on layaway. I found the receipts from when my Dad was paying weekly for Mom's diamond. It's amazing what I found. It was really interesting. My parents were wonderful organizers. They were both the Executors for their parents, so we had all of the paperwork. I am grateful they had all this stuff. On the other hand, I wish I didn't have to go through it all. I was good until I opened my Dad's newest briefcase. That threw me for a loop. Then Ping put on a pair of my Dad's bifocals. He used them when he would read, otherwise he didn't need glasses. So I said to Ping, "those are Grampy's." So she went over to the Deacons Bench we have, climbed up on top of it and patted the picture of my parents hanging on the wall. I lost it then. It was just so sweet to see.

I can't believe that on Saturday, I am turning 40 and neither of my parents are here to see. It really saddens me. I really want to ask them some questions on some of the paperwork I found, but I obviously can't!

I finally had to give up the project at 5 pm as I was just so exhausted. Bill came home and had to change some locks in our doors and then we headed out for dinner with our friend Trisha and her two kids, Thomas and Julia. They were in the area. They live an hour away, but they were a few towns over for the night. It was great to see them!

I got up again early today. Ping and I ran a gazillion errands. I came home and worked on getting through a little more paperwork. I finally had to give up. It was just too much and I was tired from running all over the place. I can't believe tomorrow is already Wednesday!!!! I am hoping to be able to go through another few boxes. I can't wait till this project is completed!

Well that is all for now. Hope you are well!

Mama Out!!!!

No comments: