Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Finalization Day

Bill left for work at 6:00 am. He had to take my truck to work because his vehicle is in the shop. He came home at 8:00 am to pick me up because we had to be in the Worcester Court House for 8:30 am. Today we finalized Ping's adoption. I may have mentioned this before, but when we adopted Ping in China, she became ours legally. The only reason for re-adopting in the US is so she can have a US birth certificate. Having a US birth certificate going forward will be easier for her when applying for college, getting a job, etc. To produce all of the Chinese paperwork every time is a pain in the neck. That and I am always afraid the paperwork might get lost and not returned.

We went into the judge's chambers. His name was judge Roach. He was really nice. We had two women with us from Lutheran Social Services. Unfortunately, JC was unable to come with us. I was sad about that, but she had other obligations. So Catt and Amanda came. I don't know them very well at all, but they were very nice. So a woman that handles adoptions, the two women, Bill, me and Ping all went into Judge Roach's chambers. I wasn't a fan of Ping's behavior at all. I was actually very embarrassed. She was all over the place. She kept asking for stickers. The judge tried to explain what was going on, she wasn't paying attention. She can be such a sweet girl, why did she have to be so awful today. She actually really ruined it for me. I was looking forward to this. Judge Roach gave her a cute little dolly and she said "I don't like that dolly, I want stickers." I thought I was going to die. I was so embarrassed and I was really angry that Ping was so ungrateful. That is not like her. She has been saying "I don't like her, she is not my friend, I don't want to be with you Mommy" a lot lately and it is very disturbing. It is very age appropriate. I get that, but still. When it's said, I am mortified.

So the judge signed some papers in front of us. Catt videotaped the event and the woman who processes the adoptions at the court house took photos. I was so pleased that they were so helpful. Very grateful that they were, but I almost didn't want any of this on record because of Ping. When I got into the car, I thought I was going to cry because of how she was. All in all though, it's done and now we await the birth certificate.

Bill took me straight home because he had to go back to work. I called the the woman at the court house and apologized for how the morning went. She laughed and told me not to give it another thought. They see a lot of kids and they know how they can be. She said her own daughters have done things through the years to make her go nuts. She said she would tell judge Roach that I apologized as well.

I had a ton of phone calls to make today as well as a bunch of paperwork for various things. Before I knew it, 3:00 pm was here but Bill was not. He was supposed to pick me up at 3:00 pm because I had CASA tonight and had to meet at the court house. Yes, the same one as this morning!!!!! Bill finally arrived and off we went. I asked him to wait for me outside because I then had to go to the CASA office for the rest of training. However, if I could get a ride, I would let him go. Sure enough, I was able to, so he took off. I had paid for his car over the phone earlier, so it was ready for him tonight after he picked me back up at the CASA office. $900.00 for a new fuel pump and for the a/c to be fixed. UGH. I will say that the gentleman said the car was great and it was well worth fixing. I totally agree. We came home after getting the car and Bill put Ping to bed. I have seen neither of them since. No dinner tonight again. Oh well! I sat down to watch a little TV, but passed out in the chair. As soon as I woke up, I got on the computer and decided to update here. Now it's time to head to bed. Ping has school and I have an appointment! Sleep tight my friends.

Mama Out!!!!!

Three of us. Terrible photo.

Three of us. Another terrible photo.

Fooling around.

Standing on the bench in the court house!!!!

Same.

Nice face, eh?

Looking in the video camera's case.

Hanging out and waiting. Catt and Amanda on the right.

Ping pointing to the seal, knows as a sticker to Ping.

Signing paperwork.

Group photo. Thanks for smiling baby girl!!!!

Another non-smiling photo!

Ping wanting to be held by Mama. Since when???

Group photo with no cooperation from Ping.

Still not really cooperating.

Me holding her new dolly as she says she doesn't like it. Me trying to smile and cover up what she is saying.

Ping and her not so sweet look.

Puzzle time.

Me begging for a smile today. This was the best she could muster up after I begged for five minutes.

No comments: