Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It poured for most of the day

Needless to say, I was thrilled that we stayed in today. I had lunch plans with Ayi Karen, but she has been exposed to the Swine Flu, so we decided to call off lunch together. Neither one of us wants to expose Ping to that.

I woke up to Ping clanging in the closet again. The minute I got up, she opened up the door to the closet and cleaned everything up. She put everything back in place. I was surprised that she did it with no prompting from me. She is so good about cleaning up when I say it's time, but this she really did on her own.

She got involved in watching a program shortly after we came downstairs, so I didn't feed her lunch right away. I was on an important phone call and she started yelling that she was hungry. So I gave her a snack to tie her over. I was off the phone shortly after. Ping comes over to me, hands me the snack and says "Mama, I want real food, not this snack." I wish I could install a video camera in the house for times like these. I was cracking up. She is so on to me. Those who know me best will get this. For those that don't know me that well, I don't cook. So I thought it was sort of funny that she wasn't going to let me get away with giving her a snack. I was totally going to feed her, just not at that moment.

After making a bunch of calls, I went upstairs to Ping's room and went through all of her underwear, socks, bathing suits, shorts, pajamas, pants, shirts and 2 piece sets. Ping immediately found me and wanted to help. So she helped me pick out some pjs that were too small for her. She said we could donate them. After I did that, I went though her toy box to see what was in there. I then did another little drawer. I was basically just neatening her room. Now I have to neaten all of her toys downstairs. They won't all fit where we have them, so I need to figure something out. She has a bunch of coloring books now that I got at the dollar store. I need to put them somewhere too. When we were picking out coloring books the other day, Ping said to me "We can't get too many Mama, other kids need coloring books too." What a sweetie. So thoughtful.

At the cookie place the other day, Ping yelled at the bathroom door "Daddy, wash your hands good, we are making cookies." Girl after my own heart.

So Bill made dinner tonight and said to Ping "Is Daddy a good cooker?" She said "Yes, but Mama isn't a good cooker." The little rat!

Anyway, Ping and Bill went to bed and Bill only returned 10 or so minutes ago. He was asleep for 3 or so hours. He only came down to do the trash.

I pulled a muscle in my back and it's killing me. So I am going to try to head to bed.

Mama Out!!!!

No comments: