Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I swear I am brain dead!

I don't know why I didn't blog last night. I couldn't for the life of me remember what I did yesterday. So I had to look on my calendar. We had no plans. We stayed home after I got Ping from school. We did one quick errand and then came home. I tried to get a lot of stuff done at my desk. I did pretty well. It's harder with Olivia because she truly wants to be entertained all the time. However, I made a small dent at my desk. My social worker called yesterday to ask me if I had intentions on taking the 2.5 year old brother of Olivia. I told her that I said I would if parental rights were to be terminated, but I was told that was not going to happen. She told me that the goal is to reunify the family, but that it will probably take a year to do so. She said that if we continued to foster Olivia, we would not be eligible for any children that come up for adoption. She also said that O was supposed to be temporary, but now that it's not, we need to decide what we want to do. I told her that Bill and I are looking to adopt and not to foster at this time. We decided that it's best to let Olivia go to another foster family now rather than in a year or more. We love her and don't want to let her go, but we can not go through the heartache of letting her go after she has been here for so long. That wouldn't be good for Ping at all, not just us. So they are looking for another foster family. I am very sad over this, but I believe we have to do what is in the best interest of our family and this is it. We are not sure when the transition will happen.

Today was a truly awful day. Bill shut my alarm off and when he finally woke me, it was 15 minutes later than I should have gotten up. So I had to get ready quickly and get Ping ready and then I dashed out of the house. I didn't get to make the bed or get Olivia dressed. I rushed home because I had a painter coming at 8:30 am. He was coming to finish up an area that was never painted when he was here before. When I got home, I got the message that they had to cancel for the day. Not a big deal. I then proceeded to change and feed O and also to make the bed and neaten the place up a bit. I had a few phone calls to make. I woke little O from her nap and put her in her carseat. We were heading out the door when the phone rang. It was Umass confirming an appt. for me on Friday night. I had no idea what it was for or about. After talking with them and trying the doctor, I now know. I will discuss that more at a later date. I am just really upset about it. My doctor didn't tell me about this further test I needed to do to look at something. Anyway, I called the school as I was running really late due to all the phone calls. I called before the time to pick her up, so they knew. I didn't call after being late or anything. So I go to pick up my baby and her cheek is all puffy and red. She was coloring while waiting for me and when she got up to get more paper, she tripped and her face hit the desk. I felt awful. As it is, Miss Shayla doesn't feel great from a cold or allergies. Not sure. Anyway, I felt so bad since it wouldn't have happened had I been on time. I know I shouldn't as it's not my fault, but I did feel bad. So of course I cried on the way to my 12:00 pm meeting with Mindy. Mindy, Ciara and Ping were ice skating today. I called Mindy and told her I was on my way. I felt bad being late, but my morning was so awful. We made it. Ping skated and had a great time. After skating, I ran home to meet the washing machine repair person since ours has been leaking. She came and said she had to order a valve. The rest of the late afternoon was about feeding Ping and getting McScreamy to nap. I got a few calls and then I tried to nap for a few. Olivia wasn't having it, so I fed her while Bill cooked dinner. The rest of the night has been about catching up on more stuff at my desk!

Wish me luck on my Friday night test.

Mama Out!!!!!!

Ciara, Mindy and Ping in the baby blue colored coat.

Hi Mama!

Wanting to give me a kiss.

Silly goose with apron on head and mitts on feet.

Oven mitts as slippers. She is so crazy! I couldn't love anyone more.

No comments: