Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thursday through Sunday

Talk about falling down on the blogging job. I can't even really remember what I have done the last few days. Let me look at my calendar. Hmmmm, okay I think I can piece it together now.

First of all, it's been a really tough week. On Thursday my new doctor called to tell me I needed to have a Cat Scan. I already knew about it, but we chatted about it anyway. She also proceeded to tell me that she wasn't going to support me on something I have been wanting to do. I was disappointed, but didn't have the time to chat about it because I had to go get Ping from school. Me, Olivia and Ping went to the Faces Dept. at Umass right after I got Ping. Olivia had a follow up appointment to see how she has been doing. She has gained an inch in 10 days and she has gained a few ounces. The doctor thought she looked fantastic. Olivia is sitting up on her own now. She is vibrant and happy. She loves to explore things. The doctor thought it was a remarkable difference from 10 days previous. After Faces, I met my new friend Jillian in the office. She is a foster mom with two little guys. They are precious. Unfortunately it was late and the kids were not feeling the best, so we kept the visit short. We are hoping to get together this coming week. It was funny that we both had appointments with the kids on the same day and at the same time.

When I got home, I received a call from one of the head surgeons for weight loss surgery at Umass. We had a nice chat. When Bill got home, I went to the Y to swim. It's been forever since I have exercised and I needed it desperately. I was zonked after, but it was good that I went.

Friday was an awful day. I had to run all over the map and I didn't feel well. Ping has a terrible cold and now I am getting it. I just feel very run down and when I woke up, I just wanted to cry that morning. Mom's don't have time to cry though, right? I took Ping to school and then came home to do a few things. I picked Ping up and drove to Burlington with both girls. I had lunch plans with three women I have never met. They were meeting with me to discuss a life changing time for them and they wanted to share it with me. This has been planned for months and I was eager to go. I didn't know I would have Olivia at the time. Needless to say, I was an hour late, O needed to be changed, she spit up, Ping needed to go to the bathroom and I was brain dead. However, I got a chance to sit with these three lovely ladies. I had to run because I was asked to drive Olivia to the DCF office in Worcester so that she could visit with her parents. I was a few minutes late and that stressed me out, but I did okay. It didn't help that it was raining. That and the traffice made me late, it wasn't me not leaving on time. Anyway, Ping and I sat in the lobby while O visited with mom and dad. I didn't want to drive around for a measly hour, so it was easy enough to just sit there. Unfortunately, Ping and I had nothing to do. The acousics in the place were awful, so a whisper could be heard throughout the place. That was frustrating. I spoke to Donna on the phone. Kaylee's social worker who I adored, stopped to say hello which was awesome because she isn't in the Worcester office. It was a nice surprise to see her. Additionally, someone I took Mapp training with was walking by. So we said hello. They then came back to the lobby, so I was able to chat with them. However, then O was brought to me, she was fussy and then the birth parents walked by. Mom was crying. I thought I was going to start crying. It was awful. However, I had the option to run to my car and I didn't. I was not worried about meeting them at all. It's nice to see their faces for many reasons. Makes them more human. You can assume many things about people, but once you meet them, you realize they are human beings. A few minutes after they left, the two brothers of Olivia came by with their social worker. The oldest kissed Olivia. I didn't even get a good look at the children because it was so hectic. Needless to say, I am glad I got to see everyone even if it was for a minute. However, on the other hand, I wish it didn't all happen the way it did. I walked away upset and anxious. Hard to explain, but that is how I felt. I didn't have time to wallow in it because once I was home, Bill came in and then I ran back out the door. I had to have my Cat Scan at 7:30 pm. When I got home, I sat on the chair and coulnd't move. I passed out. I didn't have lunch or dinner that day. I didn't feel well. All around, it was a long and exhausting day, both emotionally and mentally!

Saturday brought some sleep. Bill took both kids downstairs and fed them while I slept in the morning. We then did a quick errand in Shrewsbury and then went to Worcester for a party with the Dumplings. The Chinese students were there and a lot of the kids with their parents. We were there from 4:00 to 9:00 pm. We had a wonderful time. Everybody is really warm and inviting. It was so nice to sit and relax and chat with people. Everyone wanted to hold and love O, so it was a nice break. Ping loved seeing other girls that look like her. She now points to photos if there is an Asian baby and says "that baby looks like me Mama." She loves all her friends, but it's good for her to be with other children that resemble her. Last night I watched some TV and that was that.

Today we are home. We had plans with friends, but because Ping has this cold and I don't feel so good, I canceled. I am disappointed because I would have loved to see them. Olivia has the cold now too. We are venturing out to go to Target because we need baby food and because Ping has outgrown her shoes. Unbelieveable. However, it's after Labor Day, so no white sandals can be worn now. LOL. Well I must get going. I have a lot to do. I just wish I felt well.

Wish me luck with my Cat Scan results please:)

Mama Out!!!!!!

Meg, Mickey and Shiela. 177 lbs lost for Meg, 105 for Mickey and Shiela has lost 135 lbs. Amazing women.

Crocodile at restaurant. Wish I could have enjoyed the restaurant a bit more.

Chao reading suggestions on what we could do for future Dumpling groups. Clara is looking on in the red. In the brown is Lisa with her beautiful daugher Jessica next to her.

Bill and Ping plus Denise who hosted the event. She is talking to Chao. Another student is next to Chao. Lisa and Jessica are listening in.

Ping dressing up.

All the girls with the exception of a few not showing. There are more that belong, but were not there that day. Love this group of kids.

Another shot of the group. The students that teach are at the top. They are at WPI.

Neesha loving Ping's new seat. I am not a fan of it and am not sure why I bought it.

The minute Neesha got down, Sophie got up into it.

No comments: