Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where is my energy?

I have been dragging all day long and I have no idea why. I have a few things I thought I was going to do today and I have done none of them. Very irritating to say the least.

After picking Ping up at school, we came back to the house because Olivia had an 11:30 Early Intervention session. It was very short, but went well. The woman said that the baby she saw today was barely recognizable from when she saw her before because she has made such progress. Ping was a little off the wall while the therapist was here. Ping really wanted attention today and she was literally trying to sit on the therapists lap so that she couldn't work with the baby. I love Ping like crazy, but her behavior was pretty awful. I got her distracted by doing a few projects. Later in the afternoon, Ping wanted the toy the baby had and when I told her that she couldn't have it, she got this drum thing we were given and she banged on it like crazy. I pretended not to notice. She kept looking at me to see if I was paying attention. I was. How could I not. The neighbors could hear the noise. Finally after 20 minutes, I calmly walked over and picked up the drum and the sticks and put them away. Ping started to cry. I took her by the hand to the stairs and pointed upward and told her to go until she could behave herself. She was so upset. I felt awful, but she needs to learn that she can't have what the baby has. That she needs to share. That she needs to be kind. Ping is usually wonderful and she has been really good with Olivia, but some days she has her moments. So Ping went upstairs. After 20 minutes had passed, I put O down for a nap. Ping greeted me at the top of the stairs and said "I'll behave now Mama." So after laying down O, we came downstairs and cuddled on the chair for a short time. Before I knew it, we had to get ready to get to her skating class. I woke up the baby, put her in her car seat, grabbed our stuff and ran out the door. Ping is loving her lessons. I haven't seen a huge improvement yet, but she is having fun.

Bill had to go to the fire department tonight. Around 8:00 pm, I got both girls ready for bed. Ping and I picked out her clothes for tomorrow and then I read a book. They were fast asleep within 15 minutes or so.

I have not heard about when Olivia is moving. It's like a slow death. It's only Tuesday though.

Mama Out!!!!!

No comments: