Monday, August 31, 2009

Mystic Connecticut Fun

We got up Friday and started to pack for our little weekend away to Mystic, CT. We booked this trip over a month ago with Meri, Joe, Lucas and Ryan. We didn't know we would have Olivia in tow at the time of booking. We left around 3:00 pm on Friday. We were waiting on Joe to get home from a meeting he had in New Hampshire. We puttered around the house for a little while, packed the new truck and headed on down the highway. It's not a long drive. We settled in at our hotel which was decent. It wasn't the Ritz, but I was fine with it. It was only a short weekend away and we were not there for the hotel. We unpacked our bags and headed out for dinner at the Steak Loft. I had a salad. To be honest, Bill hadn't been feeling well during the week and I thought I was coming down with something. So I wasn't feeling the best, plus the babies were fussing and the waitress was beyond slow. We then headed back to the hotel and the kids went with Bill and Joe to swim. Meri fed Ryan and I put McScreamy down to sleep.

We got up Saturday morning to nasty weather. I mean nasty weather too. It was pouring. We headed off to the continental breakfast and then left to go to the Aquariaum. We had a great time, but we were all soaking wet. That was a bit unpleasant. We just couldn't avoid the pouring rain as there were outside exhibits. We would have enjoyed ourselves much better if we didn't have to run past some of the exhibits. We spent a good amount of time at the inside exhibits. After leaving the aquariaum, we headed back to the hotel to dry off a little and then had lunch/dinner at the Ground Round which was attached to the hotel. I didn't think there were any Ground Rounds left. I thought they all closed. We then headed out to the Shoppes At Old Mistik Village. They closed at 8:00 pm which was disappointing. We didn't get a lot of time to shop. Meri and I could have spent a lot more time there. Once we couldn't get into any more stores, we headed for the hotel. Bill, Ping, Olivia and I plus Joe and Lucas went swimming for a short time. We ordered pizza from Mystic Pizza and then hit the hay. That was not a good night because Olivia didn't want to sleep. She is teething. She is cutting four upper teeth and so sleeping through the night wasn't happening. It was a bad night but we got through it.

On Sunday, we packed and loaded the cars. We checked out and then headed to Mystic Seaport. The place was a lot bigger than we all thought. We hadn't eaten anything before going, so we enjoyed it, but were hungry for most of the day. It was really pretty and relaxing there. I could have sat on a bench and stared at the water all day. The little houses and shops were cute, but I can only look at so many wooden boats and such. I am not a history buff. It was "Dog Days of Summer" so people brought their dogs. I loved watching them all. I have never seen so many Newfies in my life. They are gorgeous droolers. I can't imagine sharing my home with one!!!!! Most people had two! After much picture taking and walking around, we left and had dinner at a nice restaurant overlooking the water. We then headed home. We left much later than we all thought, but the time we were away was much too short! It was really enjoyable and look forward to going away for a weekend again. Not sure where to go though, but will find a place.

Once home, we got a message on our answering maching. Bill somehow dropped his cell phone at the shops we were at. It was in the parking lot. He picked it up and brought it home with him. So I left him a message. That was really nice of him. We put the girls to bed right after listening to the message. Bill passed out as well. I proceeded to put everything away which took 2 hours worth of TV commercials. Just as I was going to head to bed which was after 1:00 am, McScreamy woke up. I believe it was due to her teeth. I gave her some food and some Tylenol and off to bed we went.

Monday we got up and headed to UMASS for an appointment to see the Orthopedic doctor for Olivia. She had some x-rays and then we saw the doctor for a whole minute! Her breaks are doing well. She is recovering. They want to see her back in 6-8 weeks. Who knows if we will even have her still. After the appointment, we headed home. When Bill got home, I closed my eyes for a few. I was so tired. Ping went to bed late as did Olivia. I got ready for my doctors appointment, got Ping's stuff ready for school and Olivia's stuff ready for 2 hours at daycare. It was a very busy night.

I had an 8:00 am appointment at a new primary care for me today. I got up at 6:30 am and showered. Got Ping up and got her to get herself dressed. I asked Bill to diaper and dress Olivia and then I did Ping's hair. We all headed downstairs. I packed up Olivia and put her in the car. I kissed Ping and wished her a good day at school. I was sad I couldn't take her myself for her first day back. Olivia and I headed to a daycare home. I dropped her off there after signing some papers and drove to UMASS for my appointment. I was just there yesterday for Olivia!!!! The appointment went well. I had blood work and a chest x-ray and then left to get O. She was good for the daycare provider. Thank goodness!!!!! I then went and got gas and picked up Ping at 11:00 am. We went to Walmart to pick up a few things for Olivia and then I went to the WIC office in Clinton, MA to sign up Olivia for formula. I was asked by DCF to do that. She was already receiving services, now they just have to change everything over into my name. I have to go back on Thursday. After getting home, I fed the girls and put O in for a nap. Tonight has gone quite well. I have done a lot of catching up. I haven't done it all, but I have done a ton. Olivia is actually sitting in Ping's bean bag and loving it. She has sat for a good hour without so much as a word!!!!!

Well I must go so that I can get her to bed.

Mama Out!!!!!!

Off to swim.

Beluga Whales.

Watching the Beluga Whales with Daddy.

Funky fish.

"You like my butt?????" She does this all the time. Where does she get this stuff?????

Sitting with Daddy.

Pretty fish.

Upside down jelly fish.


The three of us.

Joe, Meri, Lucas and Ryan.





Hugging her new penguin.

Mystic Seaport.

Pretty sight.

Oscar Weiner Mobile.

Ping with her hot dog.

All three of us with the hot dog.

Training dogs swimming.


Meri, Lucas and Ryan at the lighthouse.

Houses at the Seaport.

Here they come.

Beautiful flowers.

My pirate.

Pirate at the wheel.

Beautiful fountain and beautiful girl.

Me, Ping, Lucas and Meri.

Driving the boat.

Hanging out in the back of the boat.

Bunk mates.

First day of school.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

It looks like it was a good family trip! I was laughing at the pic of Ping and her butt. M does the same thing. It must be something that 4 year olds teach each other