Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Boom!

Ping had a great day today. After school, we came home and she had a quick lunch. I then took her ice skating. We met Ayi Mindy and Ciara at the rink. I wasn't sure how this would go because the last time I took Ping skating, she hated it and was scared to death. Today she went right out on the ice with no hesitation. That is my girl! I was so excited to watch her. I thought she did fantastic. Ayi Mindy taught her how to march and how to get up from a fall. She fell quite a bit on her butt. She didn't seem to care though. She got right back up. She barely even struggled to get up. For the most part, she got up really easily. I was sort of shocked. I was so proud of her. I am looking forward to taking her again. Mindy teaches ice skating to little ones at various rinks. Given Ping's fear the first time, I was really hoping she wouldn't be as scared because she knows Ayi Mindy really well. It worked. I took a few photos, but none have them all looking. I didn't want to distract them from what they were doing. I love ice skating, but didn't get on the ice today. I am not comfortable at this point to get out there. I am concerned about my balance. I was sad that I couldn't. It killed me not to be able to but if I can't, I can't. Maybe in the future. I always worked full time, so I could never go to a rink during the day. Now I can and I can't get out there. Cruel irony?

Ping had a bath tonight and then slipped into bed. I thought she would immediately pass out from all of her exercise, but she didn't. I watched an awful movie. Waste of time. Well that is really all there is to share.

Take care.

Mama Out!!!!

Hold on baby.

Mindy having the girls march.

Boom.

March and balance girls.

Coming in for a landing.

No comments: