Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday and Saturday.

Yesterday was Friday. Well it's Sunday morning at 2 am, so I suppose that is a lie. It's more like yesterday was Saturday! Well anyway, Friday was a busy, busy day. I was so proud of myself for getting a lot of stuff done. I jumped out of bed, threw on the swimsuit, go Ping ready and headed out the door. Threw some stuff in the mailbox, dropped Ping off, stopped to pay the electric bill, went to swim, went to the bank, Walmart, McDonalds for an ice tea, home for a shower and then I hung a bunch of clothes on hangers before I ran out to get Ping at school. By the time we got home, I felt like I had run a marathon.

I had a bunch of phone calls to make and dinner plans for the evening, so we hung out at home. I really like being home vs running all over sometimes. I just get a lot accomplished for the most part. I have so many projects I am hell bent on getting done before the hot weather hits us. Granted we have a/c, but I still get overheated in the house. I find that we go from cold, to a few nice days to May flies to hot. So there is a small window of time for me to get some stuff done. I just need to become more tolerant of the heat. God I wish I could!!!!!

We went for Thai food at a new restaurant in Holden. We went with Ayi Meri, Uncle Joe and Lucas. It was great. Came home, put Ping to bed and I watched a bad movie called "The Lookout."

Today I slept in. I ended up getting up with a major headache which didn't put me in a good mood. I had two Tastefully Simple boxes loaded with products, so we emptied them and I checked everything to make sure it came in the order. I have a party next Saturday night. I stamped catalogs and order forms. Pretty boring stuff! I then did a few other things at my desk. Bill worked outside. At 4:30 I got Ping ready because we had dinner plans. We headed to Bed, Bath and Beyond because I had a return. We then went for Mexican food in Grafton with Audra, her husband Terry and her two girls Ava and Elise. It was a quick dinner as it's hard to eat with three bouncing kids. We were home by 7:30. Bil and Ping have been in bed since 8 pm and I watched "Northern Lights" and "What Happens In Vegas." The first one was on Lifetime. The second one was on one of the movie channels and it was very funny.

That is about all. Nothing really new and exciting to share. Sorry. I will say that Ping keeps saying that she wants a baby sister. It sounds like "sticker." I think she is under the impression that we can go pick one up. If it was only that easy. Why can't we just meet some nice pregnant person that doesn't want a child right now and just wants to legally hand it over to us????? Why is it so damn hard to adopt????? Ping wants a sibling. I want her to have a sibling. She needs a playmate and if they wear Princess dresses, well that would be wicked cool. Seriously though, adopting is very hard. International adoption is difficult and unsteady. We don't fit into a lot of categories. Domestic adoption leaves you languishing on a list until you are chosen. It's just a really hard thing to do. It amazes me that some people have adopted many children. I think it was much easier before. There are a lot more regulations now due to the Hague Treaty. A lot of countries have closed. It's very frustrating for me. I guess all we can do is keep trying!

Well I hope you are well. It's time for me to hit that sack. It's 2:15!

XO,

Mama Out!!!!

No comments: